Thursday, November 19, 2009

A dream is a wish your heart makes


Man oh man, the adventures that you can experience when you leave the comfort of hearth and home. We spent the day at Disneyland Tokyo on Wednesday and had such a time. Disneyland does everything up first class, it is an incredible place, but it made me homesick for MY Disneyland, luckily I will be going there in another 4 weeks.


We did have an adventure coming back to the room, we took the wrong train back and we couldn't believe the way that the Japanese commuters cram, and I mean cram themselves into a small space. I wanted to take a picture but I couldn't get my hands free to get to the camera. The picture that I have here was after half of them got off. And to top it all off we were on the wrong train going the wrong direction. The people here are so helpful, even if they don't understand anything we say they go out of their way to get us to the correct destination. It took 3 trains to get back on the correct track and being the navigator I felt very badly about it but all my friends made sure that I understood how much they enjoyed the adventure.
We also had a great time shopping in Asakusa. It was such a wonderful area and the shops were so cute. The picture below was taken looking down all the shops. It did rain the whole time we were out but that didn't dampen our spirits, it was great. I would love to go back and might just do that today. Luckily they had a McDonald's on this little street so Steve took up residency there and waited while I explored all the little shops.
The little shops along one of the streets in Asakusa. Above is the fan shop that I love so much.


One other thing that I have gotten from this trip is a new appreciation for MY country. Believe it or not I am a little homesick for family, friends, home, car and country. I have enjoyed the trip but look forward to coming back home. I guess you just can't take the country out of the girl, can you?

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I think I spotted my snoring neighbor in one of those photos. hee hee

Momza said...

Looks like you're having a wonderful vacation...be safe!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful adventure. Keep having enough fun for those of us who will probably never have this opportunity. I can't wait to hear all about every detail next month at Play Group.

Tara H. said...

Yeah for pictures!!! You know what is funny, your pictures make me homesick for Japan!
And I hear ya on the crowded trains. It's insane. I remember standing there and watching two or three people put there hands up on the top of the doorway and push themselves in. Good thing fires aren't very common on the trains. Enjoy the last couple of days you have left.
BTW, I totally know the McDonalds you are talking about, good times, good times.
Love you
xoxox

J+S said...

Are you home? Looks like a fun time! You asked me a question a week or so ago, and here is my tardy answer: World Market is in Cottonwood Heights and Park City. Happy belated Thanksgiving!