Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bringing Home the Gold

The Olympics are running right now in China and as much as I know that I should be interested, I just am not. Even when the Olympics were here (Utah) and basically in my hometown, I wasn't all that interested. Maybe it is just that I am getting older, except for the fact that my mother (who is older then I am) is a truly avid fan. She loves it, she can't get enough. She watches everything she can and when she isn't watching it she is talking about it. She collects pins of all the events and was trying to figure out how to get ahold of some.
Don't get me wrong, I do like sports, I mean after a fashion. I watch football (if BYU is playing) and basketball occasionally (if nothing else is on and it is the Jazz playing) and I have even been known to semi get into a rousing game of golf (but only if Tiger is playing). I just don't get into the Olympics. Now maybe if they added some new categories, say like, Scrapbooking, or maybe blogging, there you go, that would be fascinating. The one that gets the most comments wins! Maybe I should contact the Olympic committee.

8 comments:

lvs2dance said...

I'm with grandma on this one, I really like watching the olympics. They are interesting and fun to watch. But I agree that they need some other catagories...I heard years ago that they were trying to make Ballroom an olympic sport, still waiting for that one.

Heidi said...

Tell Aunt Ivaloo that she should try eBay-you can get all the Olympic pins there, but maybe not until people start straggling home to list them. I have some old ones, maybe about 10 years old, that someone gave me because I am known as the one to pawn off your old junk on--does she want those?

Little GrumpyAngel said...

You are so funny, I love it! I'm with you on this one. I'm not a big fan of the games. I get the whole international friendship and national pride thing, but I don't feel motivated to watch and follow the medal count.

Tara H. said...

I think I could go either way on this one, not an avid fan, but find it fascinating to a certain point. However, I am picky. Summer olympics; swimming and gymnastics, maybe diving. Winter olympics; ice skating. So whatever that makes me, that's what I am.
I love you auntie!!!

Deedee said...

It's ok to love the Olympics and to also be indifferent. The Chinese are probably cheating anyway with the age thing and the gymnastics. Some of those girls could not possible be 16 this year!!

Deedee said...

Hey, did you see Michael Phelps! The most gold metals in history with the most new world records....He's got one proud mama...maybe you should watch a little Roxanne, just so you can talk to the rest of the world about it!!

J+S said...

I admit that I almost cried when Michael Phelps became the winningest olympian in history. It's cool and even better because he's from the good ol' US of A. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. I LOVE THE OLYMPICS.

Ryan said...

Dear Mu,

If you don't love the Olympics, then you are not a true American.

I even watched women's fencing.