Saturday, June 6, 2009

Everybody needs a Hero!


I have a really neat dad! He is probably one of the dearest people I have ever met, in my entire life I mean. He has been the most solid person in my life for so long I don't even remember.

He used to travel a lot with his work when I was a kid and how I hated him to be gone. Then he would come home and not only have to deal with jet lag but with a passel of kids that wanted his undivided attention. I don't know how he did it, I don't think I could. He shows me everyday what it means to be true, faithful and valiant.

My dad, (who claims he can't carry a tune in a bucket) taught himself to play 'Oh my Father' on the piano. That's pretty neat.

My dad hiked the 50/20 (50 mile walk in 20 hours) with the scouts one year and was the oldest man to finish. I am impressed.

My dad loves Disneyland almost as much as I do, now that is really impressive!

My dad honors his priesthood and my mom and is so caring and tender with his sweetheart, He is truly my hero!

Dad I want you to know something, no matter what the circumstances I find myself in (usually of my own making) or what time of day or night, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you will be there for me! Do you know what a comforting thing that is to me?
I am proud to introduce my awesome parents to friends and business associates because they are truly the best of the best. The older I get the more I am grateful for their unconditional love and support for not only me but the rest of my siblings.

YOU. ARE. THE. BEST. DAD
I love you dearly my Pa-pa, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

lvs2dance said...

he is my hero too! He is such a great grandpa! Love ya gramps!!!