Thursday, November 6, 2008

Is anyone out there?

Out of interest, I check my stats counter on occasion and I can't help but notice that blogging appears to be a weekend sport, at least the bloggers that visit my blog. Maybe I should investigate this further and try to link it to what is going on with the world scene. For instance, yesterday was a very slow day for my blog. I wonder if this has anything to do with the results of the elections that took place the day before. Some may have been out celebrating or some may have been in the depths of despair and therefore not in any way shape or form wanting to spend time reading about other peoples lives. I guess that says a lot about me and the state of my life. I generally check my blog at least daily (if not hourly, depending on my boredom level). I also love checking the blogs of friends and family on a regular basis, and may I say I am terribly disappointed in the irregularity of some peoples posting. (I say this not wanting to pass judgement only wanting to keep up with your lives.) I have also been gently nudged on occasion when I have been slow to report in so I guess I should not be casting stones. So anyway, just passing along one of my observations, man, I really must be bored or desperate to ramble on like this but I figure it won't really make a difference to most of you, at least not until the weekend.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I think you are right--between Halloween and the ensuing exhaustion and the election AND the fact that a lot of bloggers are involved with , er, um, well, the name of it involves a lot of letters but basically, November is national novel writing month, so between all of that, there has been less blogging. It is also the month of, well, er, another name that involves a lot of letters which are meant to mean that November is "blog every day" month. Surprisingly there aren't as many partakers of that as the other, or it would seem to me. Lastly, people reading via bloglines, google reader, or the "following" application on blogger has really increased in the last month which means that they only check in on your blog when you have a new post. So, I just keep a' postin'!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Roxanne, I'm sorry about being illiterate on this topic but how do you get a stats counter? I didn't even know you can check how many people read your blog unless they leave comments? Would you mind sharing this info? I'd love to know if anyone other than blog pals and family actually look at my blog. That would be neat :-)

Tara H. said...

I read your blog almost daily :) I guess I should just check in on the weekends, I would probably get more done on the week days if I wasn't blogging so much.
Oh well, what is children napping time for if not to catch up on how everyone is doing. That for sure is the best use of time that I can think of.
Love you!

tammy said...

I agree with you. I love to read about other;s lives, but I am still caught up in the life which is my own. I look often to the blogs to release and relax, but with the election and craziness here in California, which I am terribly sad to see has spilled over into Utah, I rarely make comments over the past week or so. Needless to say I am ready to come back...well, after a short nap after church today!!!!