Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Clothing optional? Not in this lifetime

I was just reading an article in a magazine and it suggested that if you haven't looked at your fashion style since 1982 it was time for a fashion check-up. Really and truly I probably haven't looked at myself and my fashion sense since I was 10 years old somewhere in the mid 60's when all I really wanted to look like was Twiggy.

So where does that leave me?

My Twiggy days are loooooong gone...and my fashion sense has been lying as dormant as a hibernating bear in the far, far north.

I even bring Mr Darcy with me on shopping trips as I need him to tell me what I like and don't like in clothing. Sad isn't it?

I just don't care very much about how I look....I mean, I like to look good, and not like a slug, but I just don't want to put the effort into it. I go for comfort, with a capitol C! I guess I don't have the proper woman genes that seem to be so prevalent in every female but me. To put it bluntly.....I HATE TO SHOP....unless I am at Disneyland.

So my fashion report card should put me to shame, thank goodness Mr Darcy gets an A in all things shopping and my dearest Daughter Sissy is a pro at accessorizing. If it were not for the two of them I might very well have to run naked through the streets and no one wants that to happen (trust me on this one).

To prove my point, this is a picture of my feet as they have been all day long! I have been running and doing everything I have needed to looking like this.Did you notice the writing on my socks sticking out a little. I think that fashion icons everywhere are turning over in their graves, (that is if they are in graves) whenever I get up in the morning and dress myself for the day.

Oh well, I look at it this way, without people like me in this world Stacy London and Clinton Kelly (from 'what not to wear') would be out of work. It's good to have a purpose.

3 comments:

Tara H. said...

I love you auntie!! My fave is the sock tan line.
xoxox

RBS said...

Ten, it is hard to tell from the picture but I actually have two tan lines, the one further down was created by the socks I am wearing in the picture.
Love ya Ten

Auntie

J+S said...

Roxanne, I have those exact same shoes but in silver! Great minds shop alike.

~Jenifer