Sunday, October 18, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today is Sunday....I love Sundays and today was especially wonderful because it was our primary program.

There is nothing more celestial then seeing all those little 3 year olds standing up along the podium smiling as if they were on a float and had just been crowned the King and Queen of the world. Then they spot their mom and dad or siblings or neighbor and wave so excitedly it looks like their hand might fall off.

And then there are the oldest Primary kids...you know the ones that are only there biding their time until they move on to Young Men and Young Womens. They act as if it is a torture to stand up there and as soon as the word is given they will be off that stand and out of those choir seats.

It is a moment like that when I realize... I am smiling and I didn't even mean to, it just happens.

Then without warning or allowing me time to prepare myself and my overactive tear ducts, they begin singing the most heavenly songs...songs that make me think of celestial things and celestial voices coming down from the heavens. Their messages are simple and pure doctrine that any and all are capable of understanding. And before I know it the tears are flowing.

My heart starts to swell in my chest as if it would burst and a warm wonderful feeling washes over me from head to toe. Testimony is born to me of the truthfulness of these simple words and songs presented to me by tiny, innocent beings. How wonderful it is to be a member of this church.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so with you! The Primary Program is one of my favorite meetings of the year. The older I get the more I love it. Ours isn't until November. I can hardly wait.

Heidi said...

I have been serving in the primary for over three years (this time around) and I love it!

LeenieGreenie said...

I always get a little teary myself. I am in Primary and hear the songs, and practice with the children. But there was something about Sunday that made me want to bawl like a baby. I was trying to sing along with them and not let it all fall out. They did great. I was so proud. Really amazing new songs that they come up with every year.