Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I count my Blessings

I have just returned from spending a wonderful 3 days with 4 of my grandbabies. I think that there should be a law or a decree that it be mandatory for all responsible adults to spend more then 24 hours with those adorable little people that are wonderfully and delightfully sure that life is good and there is such a thing as happy endings. How refreshing to be in the presence of such a belief system. They remind me how I used to think and feel. They give me permission to live in the moment and experience the joy that is always there if you just close your eyes and believe. I consider myself to be a nurturing person but they gave me ample opportunity to expand on my natural nurturing and increase it ten fold. It was so exhausting and I was happy to be back home in my own bed not waking up to a fussy little one, but for some reason I am feeling, oh, I don't know,... lonely. I may sleep soundly tonight but I can't help but think that somewhere deep in my self-conscious mind I will be listening for that little voice calling out for GaaGaa.
I hope that my daughter and her husband know how grateful I am for the opportunity to spend this time with some of the best that my gene pool has to offer. It was time that I will always cherish.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You said that so well! I can't wait to have grankids! Er, well, maybe I can . . .

Handsfullmom said...

Sounds like you're a great grandma. Childhood is so fleeting. I love how you expressed this so well in your post.

lvs2dance said...

We are the ones that feel blessed first for you being willing to stay with the kiddos and second for having such a great mother and gaa gaa. We feel so lucky to have you in our family!