Saturday, October 25, 2008

Let's Carve a Pumpkin


Well, it is finally that time of year again, when the air is crisp and clean, the temperature drops and the pumpkin patches spring up around you like flowers in the spring. Ever since we (meaning Mr Darcy and I) have been blessed with the grandbabies we have taken them out to get their Halloween pumpkins. We have always only taken them when they were old enough to enjoy it and follow instructions but this year we took the little guys with us. Now being two, I knew that they would enjoy themselves but the following instructions idea seemed to be but a fleeting notion that they had no intent to capture. So if you notice the pictures I am posting, you will see that Faise and Kade were usually running past the frame or being restrained so that I would at least have photographic proof they were there. Kader monkey refused to look at the camera more then one time and I think I have exactly one picture with him looking at it. This particular pumpkin patch had a playground at the end and that is what captured the little boys special attention. It was a great memory for me to have even if I required a nap when I returned home (whoever invented naps is a genius).





2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, boy, that looks like so much fun! I guess I need to wait for grandbabies to have that much fun again in a situation like that. My kids are getting jaded. Hey, I was able to click as a follower this time. Yay! Also, I hope you didn't notice that I hadn't re-added you on my blog roll yet--I got interrupted whilst I was doing it but you're on there now!

Tara H. said...

looks like you all had a "patch" of a time. hahaha
Love you!