Friday, October 31, 2008

For the love of Chocolate

 

There is nothing like a child dressing up in whatever costume they can round up and running through the streets asking strangers for candy. I am not much of a Halloween type person but I do love seeing the tiniest of the tiny all decked out and running from house to house, not sure exactly what they should be doing or saying but seeing their eyes light up when they see the miniature version of a full size candy bar heading straight for the pail, bucket, plastic pumpkin or whatever their mother shoved into their hand. I especially love it when they immediately start to unwrap said energy in a wrapper and start devouring it before they get off of the porch. All they know is they have control over this little tasty tidbit and if past experience teaches them anything it is to get at it before mom notices it and spirits it away. Ahh the joys of childhood. It truly is amazing that this tiny little bit of confection can ward off a temper tantrum as easily as it can bring one on. Oh the power of chocolate.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tara H. said...

How did you do that with your pictures? It looks very cool!
Love you

Heidi said...

What a gem of a piece! So well said! I'm going to have to toddle off now---too much wheat . . .but the chocolate cake with chocolate chips and orange almond frosting with a layer of chocolate ganache over that was well worth it, as were the witches brooms rolls I made in my bread machine. Aiiii!!

Handsfullmom said...

Costumes are great. And so is candy. Isn't Halloween fun? Thanks for visiting my blog tonight. It's fun to see yours too -- I was at Pumpkinland this week too!

lvs2dance said...

Oh so cute! I'm glad that you were able to come and see them.

Deedee said...

Wish I had seen all your grand kids in their costumes in person. The more kids the harder it is to take them to all the relatives...that plus as they get older they have their own ideas about what they want to do. I've always said that Chocolate makes everything better!!

Dots said...

Yeah... when you are a child, you are probably enjoying those moments so much.. and so nonchalantly that you don't realize how precious they are.. and how much you'd miss them when they slip past your fingers like flowing sand...
I miss being a child... and I loved your posts :)